I’m pretty excited to go ahead and answer these questions as it’ll be a nice break from all the reviews I’m
thinking of writing.
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like
I’m going with a recent DNF book for this one and its Enchantée by Gita Trelease. I really wanted to enjoy this and I still have small regrets for not giving up on it but it was just too slow for me.
2. A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love
The answer for this one is a little hit or miss because as the series has progressed, and now finished, I’m noticing more love for it. But given that one of The Bone Witch‘s popular shelves of Goodreads is DNF, I think I’m safe to say that as my answer.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like
Shatter Me. It knocked me sick reading the first book and there is nothing that can be done to redeem him for later books.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for
Easily contemporary. I’ll try the odd few books but they really have to speak to me and I’m more likely to try them if I can borrow a copy.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like
The male characters in Empress of All Seasons, even though I know why we have their point of views and they added to the story I still wasn’t a fan. However they didn’t effect my love for the book!
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into
Its not that I can’t get into her work. Its just that I haven’t tried properly; Leigh Bardugo. I own most of her work but have yet to read any.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing
I’m not really tired of any tropes tbh. Lack of communication as a plot point? I dunno, I’m pretty happy to give most things a try as theres a chance another author might do it justice.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading
Oh there’s a few! Cassie Clares have made that list recently, there is just too many sorry. The Selection series and Red Queen series too.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Easily The Lovely Bones. I hate talking about this book because it gets me so frustrated at how bad and gross the ending is. But honestly I don’t remember if it also happens in the movie? I guess I could say To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before too as I have no desire to read that trilogy but I will watch it.