- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
For me blogging started way back in 2011 on tumblr. I really enjoyed seeing The Pretty Books (Stacey also blogs here) posts on my dashboard and was like do you know what? I can spend time sharing pretty photographs of books too so books and tea was created.
It didn’t take long for me to realise I wanted to do more than just share pretty images, I wanted to talk about, review and, of course, read more books. So I moved to blogger just for that as it helped to avoid my posts get lost amongst the images I was sharing. Its only this year that I moved here to WordPress as I’d outgrown blogger and found that WordPress was just a lot more user friendly.
1. Plan ahead. You don’t need to send your posts live the second you finish write them. you can schedule your posts for a weeks ahead. i find this a lot easier so then if i want to post more than the scheduled post for that week i find i have the time for that extra post and i wont get behind.
2. Don’t be afraid to take part. Get involved with the community. Everyone was in the same boat as you at some point, reach out to people, comment on things you find interesting, make friends. You’ll feel a lot more comfortable and not feel like you’re just talking to a void if you do this.
and I’m going to do an extra one because I can.
3. Do what you want. Your blog is your blog, if you want to break out and do a movie review, or talk about events in your life then do so. Its your blog and who knows maybe your readers will enjoy visiting if they can pick you out from the crowd if your blog has your own personal touch to it.